How to get a badge
To gain the Strategic planning for online learning: A whole school approach digital badge, you will need to:
- Attempt all the quizzes.
- Have worked your way systematically through the course material.
- Successfully complete the quiz that you’ll find at the end of the course and achieve at least 50%.
For all the quizzes, you can have three attempts at most of the questions (for true or false type questions you usually only get one attempt). If you get the answer right first time you will get more marks than for a correct answer the second or third time. Therefore, please be aware that for the two badge quizzes it is possible to get all the questions right but not score 50% and be eligible for the badge on that attempt. If one of your answers is incorrect you will often receive helpful feedback and suggestions about how to work out the correct answer.
For the Session 4 badged quiz, if you’re not successful in getting 50% the first time, after 24 hours you can attempt the whole quiz, and come back as many times as you like.
When you have successfully achieved the completion criteria you will receive your Strategic planning for online learning: A whole school approach badge.
Your badge demonstrates that you have achieved the learning outcomes for the course. The digital badge does not represent formal credit or award, but rather it demonstrates successful participation in informal learning activity.
If you need more guidance on getting a badge and what you can do with it, take a look at the My OpenLearn within 24 hours of completing the criteria to gain a badge.. When you gain your badge you will receive an email to notify you and you will be able to view and manage all your badges in
Accessing your badge
From anywhere on OpenLearn, when signed in:
- Go to the navigation block and under My Profile you can access My Badges. When you click on My Badges you will be taken to your My Badges page on OpenLearn.
- To view the details of the badge, to download it, or to add it to your Mozilla Backpack, click on the badge and you will be taken to the Badge Information page.
- You can either download this page to your computer or add the badge to your Mozilla Backpack.
Sharing your badge
Badges awarded within OpenLearn can be shared via the Mozilla Backpack.
You will need to create a Mozilla Backpack account. When you have done this, click on the ‘Add To Backpack’ button, and you will be asked to login to Mozilla if you have not already done so.
Follow the instructions on the screen and your badge should be automatically added to your backpack.
Get started with Session 1.