This week’s study may be seen as falling into six main parts:
- a survey of the present situation – the hydro resource and its use on the large and small scale
- a brief account of the physical principles underlying the harnessing of power from flowing and falling water
- an account of the technologies associated with the use of hydropower, including the various types of hydro turbine
- a discussion of the environmental and social benefits and penalties associated with hydroelectricity
- a brief discussion of the economics of hydroelectricity
- a concluding discussion of the future prospects for hydroelectricity.
You can now move on to Week 6 [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] .