Key points from Section 2
In this section you have learned about:
- the terminology used to explain mental health problems
- particular types of mental health problems
- the effect mental health problems might have on the cared-for person
- specific examples of care and treatment
- the impact mental health problems might have on family carers.
Section 3 looks at palliative and end-of-life care. Studying Section 3 will show you how to maximise the cared-for person’s quality of life, as well as how to support someone to reduce trauma during the final stages of life.