This week you learned what the difference is between a food allergy and a food intolerance and how this can affect what can be eaten. You should now be able to understand:
- food allergy and how it differs from food intolerance
- the tests available that can help diagnose food allergy or intolerance
- what happens in anaphylactic shock
- irritable bowel syndrome and some treatments
- coeliac disease and being gluten-free.
Next week is the final week of the course. You will have a chance to explore the psychology of eating and how we taste food. Then you will have an opportunity to record and self-analyse what you eat and drink against everything you have learned so far.
You can now go to.