Hints and Tips for Completing Acuity Assessments
- Plan time to complete acuity assessment daily.
- Allocate members of staff to complete daily acuity during morning board round.
- Check acuity levels with colleagues.
- Consider starting report for night shift at morning handover or board round, complete at 3pm for rest of the day.
- Set a reminder alarm.
- Discuss ward acuity at handovers.
- Input information directly rather than using paper.
- Display Welsh Levels of Care at the nurses' station.