Benefits of Using the Welsh Levels of Care to Assess Patient Acuity
Demonstrates Swansea Bay University Health Board values: caring for each other; working together; and, always improving, by:
- Providing evidence about acuity and dependency of patients and allowing for monitoring of changes in the caseload.
- Demonstrating the demands upon the ward.
- Enabling nurses to consider the individual needs of patients when planning and delivering patient care.
- Recording appropriate staffing levels and highlighting use of supplementary staff.
- Improving reporting and escalation.
- Supporting nurses' professional judgement.
- Supporting the calculations for Nurse Staffing Levels.