Take your learning further
At the Open University
- You could explore advocacy, person centred planning and issues related to learning disability by studying K217: Adult Health, Social Care, and Wellbeing.
- If you have a more general interest in issues of access for children and young people in diverse social and educational contexts you could study E214 Equality, participation and inclusion: learning from each other.
- If you wish to take your professional practice to another level you might choose to study an MA or MEd in Inclusive Practice
- You could also find out about The Social History of Learning Disability (SHLD) Research Group, who are committed to researching and disseminating learning disability history in ways which are inclusive of people with learning disabilities, their carers, relatives and advocates.
At the University of East London
- You could explore Multimedia Advocacy, person centred planning, and issues related to learning disability by completing courses available at RIX Research & Media
- If you have an interest in developing and using RIX Wikis then you can contact RIX Research & Media RIXadmin@uel.ac.uk
- If you wish to take your professional practice to another level you might choose to study PG Cert, PG Dip, MA Special Educational Needs.