Are you currently studying? This free course, All my own work: exploring academic integrity, is designed to help you build confidence in producing your own work for academic purposes. You will explore what plagiarism is and how to avoid it, and learn how and when to reference. The course also includes an interactive to work through, which will help you to identify the potential temptations and challenges you may face when working on assignments. By the end of the course you should have developed an understanding of what appropriate academic practice is and feel more confident in producing your own work for academic purposes.
Earn this free Open University digital badge if you complete this course! The badge can be displayed, shared and downloaded as a marker of your achievement. The badge is awarded for completing the course and passing the quizzes.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand what is meant by plagiarism
- understand why it is important to produce one's own work
- recognise what is meant by 'in-text citation' and 'full reference'
- understand the difference between 'collaboration' and 'collusion'
- show knowledge of techniques to avoid plagiarism.
First Published: 20/09/2021