This course provides a brief introduction to the field of educational leadership. You can also access the other courses in this collection: Inclusive education: knowing what we mean and Teamwork: an introduction for school governors.
The course considers some of the key issues and concepts of educational leadership and, among other things, will discuss what might be considered good practice in educational leadership and how capacity for improvement could be understood and developed.This Badged Open Course is part of a collection of training resources for school governors in Wales. The collection was developed by The Open University in Wales with an aim to develop a range of additional skills and reflections that may assist you in your role as a governor.
Earn this free Open University digital badge if you complete this course! The badge can be displayed, shared and downloaded as a marker of your achievement. The badge is awarded for completing the course and passing the quizzes.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- better understand the role that leadership plays in school development and the improvement of pupil outcomes
- discuss and analyse some of the factors that can influence and contribute to successful leadership
- reflect on the leadership approaches taken in educational organisations known to you
- appreciate the importance of using evidence to support judgements
- appreciate the importance of planning and evaluating professional learning development.
First Published: 25/09/2020
It was good, although i have read all the course material but it's coming up as not read so it's only saying i have completed 88% of the course when in fact i have completed 100%. Plus i passed the badge quiz but that is showing as unread also. Please can you fix this?