Become a digitally-informed and empowered school leader and learn how to help your school use technology-driven change through Covid-19 and beyond. This course will help school leaders make decisions about the provision and use of online learning in schools.
School leaders need to plan digital strategies, devise plans and allocate resources in such a way that the learning environment is fully inclusive. This course will help you make better decisions for your school in relation to the use of digital technology. This course will encourage you in the development of a digital strategy and contribute to your own professional development.
Aimed at school leaders and those who have responsibility for the strategic planning and management of online learning at Trust, school, subject or phase level, this free course is built upon extensive research into how school leaders strategically manage and plan for online provision of learning. It addresses how schools manage particular challenges and opportunities which online learning provides. During the course you will consider real challenges via case studies from practice, along with other activities, and begin to formulate real solutions and strategy for your school/s. The course will help you turn plans into practical action via a digital plan. During the course there will also be a range of valuable networking opportunities with other leaders, through discussion forums and webinars.
This course has been generously funded by the UKRI and ESRC.
Earn this free Open University digital badge if you complete this course! The badge can be displayed, shared and downloaded as a marker of your achievement. The badge is awarded for completing the course and passing the quizzes.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- progress personal and professional development to become an effective leader in online learning
- explore how schools can engage effectively with the digital technology at both strategic and operational levels
- reflect on how digital technology is changing the way the school operates – creating leadership challenges and strategic opportunities
- envisage the digital environment needed to enable staff to design online learning experiences
- lead, manage and influence digitally-driven change across departments and schools and build scenarios for alternative digital solutions.
First Published: 03/08/2022
دورات تدريبية للمعلمين مفيدة