Caring for adults is an introductory course for anyone in a caring role, either paid or unpaid. It builds
on what you already know to give you a better understanding of your
role as a carer. It also supports your own well-being by giving you some
ideas and information about looking after yourself and dealing with
Earn this free Open University digital badge if you complete this course! The badge can be displayed, shared and downloaded as a marker of your achievement. The badge is awarded for completing the course and passing the quizzes.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- describe the role and responsibilities of carers
- recognise some of the basic concepts that will enable a person-centred approach to care
- identify the different needs of a cared-for person, at different stages of their care
- understand the impact that caring may have upon carers, and how this might be managed
- explain some of the legal responsibilities within the caring role.
First Published: 09/09/2019