4.1 Job interviews
The job interview is a key situation where you want to present yourself as positively as possible. Watch this video, where recruitment specialist Rebecca Fielding shares her thoughts on effective ways of using non-verbal communicating during a job interview.
Transcript: Video 2
Creating a good impression at interviews – a checklist
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Start introductions with a firm handshake.
- No matter how you feel on the inside, demonstrate confidence by maintaining good posture, i.e. standing tall and sitting up straight.
- Be positive, even if it is a difficult interview.
- Maintain good levels of eye contact with all interviewers.