Health Management, Ethics and Research Module: Acknowledgements
Health Management, Ethics and Research is one of the 13 Blended Learning Modules for the Ethiopian Health Extension Programme. Together with the practical skills training sessions that accompany each of the supported self-study texts, this programme will upgrade the Health Extension Workers who complete the curriculum to Health Extension Practitioners at Level-IV of the Ethiopian Occupational Standards. The upgrading programme is sponsored by the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and the Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs). The FMOH gratefully acknowledges the receipt of funding for this programme from the Ethiopian Office of UNICEF (the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund), The Open University UK, the Alan and Nesta Ferguson Foundation Trust UK, and AMREF (the African Medical and Research Foundation).
Health Management, Ethics and Research was produced by a team of Ethiopian experts, who were trained and supported by experts in blended learning pedagogy from the HEAT (Health Education and Training) Team for Africa at The Open University UK. The contributors of original material are:
- Ato Abebe Asmelash, Ethiopian Food, Medicine, Healthcare Administration and Control Authority
- Dr Abiy Girmay, Independent Expert in Public Health and Health Promotion
- Dr Ababi Zergaw, Addis Ababa University
- Ato Wondwossen Temiess, UNICEF
The Academic Editors of Health Management, Ethics and Research are Dr Tom Heller and Ali Wyllie, both in the Faculty of Health and Social Care, Dr Janet Haresnape and Dr Basiro Davey, both in the Department of Life Sciences, and Pam Furniss, in the Department of Communication and Systems, all at The Open University UK. The other members of the HEAT Team are:
- Lesley-Anne Long, HEAT Programme Director
- Dr Basiro Davey, HEAT Deputy Director (Ethiopia)
- Alison Robinson, HEAT Programme Coordinator
- Dawn Partner, HEAT Senior Production Assistant
- Jessica Aumann, HEAT Programme Assistant
- Ali Wyllie, HEAT Lead eLearning Adviser
We acknowledge the vital contributions of the Programme Coordinators within Ethiopia:
- Ato Mohammed Hussein Abeseko, UNICEF Ethiopia and the Federal Ministry of Health
- Ato Tedla Mulatu, AMREF Ethiopia
The cover design for Health Management, Ethics and Research is by Chris Hough, Learning and Teaching Solutions, The Open University UK. The cover photographs are reproduced with the permission of Basiro Davey, The Open University.
The opinions expressed in this Module are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of any of the donor organisations whose generous support made the production of Health Management, Ethics and Research possible.