Summary of Study Session 8
In Study Session 8, you have learned that:
- Healthworkers will be faced with difficult decisions during their working lives. Some of these will involve ethical dilemmas or conflicts.
- Using ethical principles may help to resolve some of the complex problems that may occur during your work.
- Confidentiality, privacy and trust are issues that all healthworkers should strive to maintain at all times.
- There are some areas of responsibility in healthworkers’ lives that are more likely to cause ethical dilemmas than other parts of their work.
- Asking for help when difficult ethical matters arise is almost always a good idea.