The aim of this course is to get you started on thinking about yourself, where you are now and what you want to do in the future. Thinking about what you really want to do, and finding out how to make it happen, can really change your life.
Caring Counts was produced by The Open University in Scotland in collaboration with Scottish Young Carers Services Alliance, together with individual carers centres and Carers Trust Scotland.
Watch the short film ‘Caring Roles and Learning Lives’ below to hear why reflection is valuable in terms of helping you recognise skills and abilities developed in your caring role. You will hear too about the importance of ‘me time’ – taking a break from caring responsibilities and an opportunity for personal development.
In the following sessions, carers living in Scotland tell us about their experiences and how reflection has helped them. While some aspects of their stories and circumstances may chime with your own situation, all their experiences and journeys, like yours, are unique.
- Introduction Ebook (EPUB) 498.5KB
- Introduction HTML Zip file 79.5MB
- Introduction IMS Common Cartridge 79.5MB
- Introduction Interactive ebook (EPUB) 79.1MB
- Introduction Kindle ebook 222.5KB
- Introduction OU XML Package 13.1KB
- Introduction OU XML file 37.7KB
- Introduction PDF version of web pages 657KB
- Introduction RSS 91.4KB
- Introduction SCORM 79.5MB
- Introduction Word version (optimised for screen readers) 408.5KB
What is reflection?