Guide for facilitators
This short guide provides information and advice for facilitators on how to make the best use of the course when working with individuals or groups.
What is Caring Counts: a reflection and planning course for carers?
This is a flexible online course built around the stories and experiences of a range of carers who share their lives in text and on film. Activities take the learner through a process of self-reflection in order to help them value the knowledge and skills they’ve acquired in their caring role, and to plan and make decisions about their future.
You can use the course with individual carers, in facilitated groups, or as a blended learning approach, combining self-directed learning with group support. The course can be completed over a couple of intensive sessions, or over a few weeks. This guide gives some ideas on how it might be used.
The course is designed to be used online. Alternatively, it can be downloaded on a memory stick and used offline on a computer or e-reader, or printed out and completed with just pen and paper. It is a free and flexible learning resource.
Learners record their activities and reflections in their Reflection Log, either on their computer or on paper. As they work through the course, learners are invited to answer quiz questions after some sections. These are mostly multiple choice or matching questions designed to be enjoyable and are completely optional. Learners who successfully complete the final compulsory quiz will receive a digital badge to recognise their achievement.
- Guide for facilitators Ebook (EPUB) 1.7MB
- Guide for facilitators HTML Zip file 2.1MB
- Guide for facilitators IMS Common Cartridge 2.1MB
- Guide for facilitators Interactive ebook (EPUB) 1.6MB
- Guide for facilitators Kindle ebook 671.2KB
- Guide for facilitators OU XML Package 18.4KB
- Guide for facilitators OU XML file 65.8KB
- Guide for facilitators PDF version of web pages 2MB
- Guide for facilitators RSS 170.2KB
- Guide for facilitators SCORM 2.1MB
- Guide for facilitators Word version (optimised for screen readers) 1.4MB
Who is the course for?