This course was written by Lindsay Hewitt, Sarah Burton and Julie Robson.
Produced by The Open University in Scotland in collaboration with Scottish Young Carers Services Alliance, this course has been developed with the support of:
- practitioners from carers centres in Renfrewshire, Dumfries and East Dunbartonshire, and
- a diverse group of carers of all ages, including young adult carers, who have shared their experiences and personal journeys with us and on which the course is based.
The Open University in Scotland gratefully acknowledges input from Anna, Clair, Dean, Gillian, Hedar, Janet, Jade, Katrina, Lesley, Naomi, Sandra and Scott, whose experiences feature in the course, as well as the insights provided by carers Gillian, Jennifer, Lizzie, Lynsey, Marcus, Rachel, Robyn and Trish. Their participation has breathed life into the course.
We thank Emma Azzopardi, Carers Link, East Dunbartonshire; Gavin Paterson, Renfrewshire Carers Centre; Louise Morgan, Carers Trust Scotland and Scottish Young Carers Services Alliance; Maggie Lennon, Bridges Programmes, Glasgow and all those who work to support carers and who have discussed this project with us.
The OU project team includes Julie Robson, Lindsay Hewitt, Lyndsey Hayes, Meg Hopkins, Moira Dunworth and Sarah Burton. The film was produced by Ross Finnie.
Except for third party materials and otherwise stated (see terms and conditions [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] ), this content is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Licence.
The material acknowledged below is Proprietary and used under licence (not subject to Creative Commons Licence). Grateful acknowledgement is made to the following sources for permission to reproduce material in this unit:
Unit image: © The Open University
Every effort has been made to contact copyright owners. If any have been inadvertently overlooked, the publishers will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements at the first opportunity.
Don't miss out:
1. Join over 200,000 students, currently studying with The Open University – http://www.open.ac.uk/ choose/ ou/ open-content
2. Enjoyed this? Find out more about this topic or browse all our free course materials on OpenLearn – http://www.open.edu/ openlearn/
3. Outside the UK? We have students in over a hundred countries studying online qualifications – http://www.openuniversity.edu/ – including an MBA at our triple accredited Business School.