Why might this course be useful to me?
By working through Caring Counts you will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- a clearer understanding of the experiences that carers could reflect on, including their roles, actions and decisions
- an understanding of the various skills that could be developed within a caring role, and how some of these are transferable to other contexts
- an appreciation of personal qualities developed through a caring role
- an idea of the directions carers might like to go in
- an idea of what it is possible for carers to achieve in their immediate future
- an understanding of the learning options open to carers
- an idea, or ideas, about possible learning paths
- as a learner, how to go about finding out what you need to know
- the ability to use information technology (IT) to carry out reflective activities in writing and communicating
- the ability to use the internet to find information useful to you
- the ability to explore and use new ways of expressing ideas.
We hope that carers will find this course useful in reflecting on experiences that have some importance to them, and that it will help them with future choices and decision making.
The activities within each session assume the carer’s perspective. The learning outcomes are generic to accommodate the focus of different learner groups. The course material and quizzes provide an opportunity to consolidate your learning.