You have now completed Session 6. This session focused on how to start working towards your goals, how you can help yourself while at the same time recognising that sometimes we need the help of others, and to know where to find that help.
There are many ways to get help to overcome difficulties or to find ways around them and to find the best way to achieve your goal. You can go to websites and search for the help you need online or you can get advice face to face from some of the organisations listed in the Resources section, which you might find helpful. Many of the carers who have contributed to this course have found the support of other carers vital.
You have almost finished the course! Session 7 asks you to set out your goals with the steps you are going to take to achieve them.
To conclude this part of the course and consolidate your learning you may like to complete the practice quiz.
This quiz provides evidence that you are achieving the following learning outcomes:
- a clearer understanding of the experiences that carers could reflect on, including their roles, actions and decisions
- an appreciation of personal qualities developed through a caring role
- an idea of the directions carers might like to go in
- an idea of what it is possible for carers to achieve in their immediate future
- an understanding of the learning options open to carers
- an idea, or ideas, about possible learning paths
- as a learner, how to go about finding out what you need to know
- the ability to use information technology (IT) to carry out reflective activities in writing and communicating
- the ability to use the internet to find information useful to you
- the ability to explore and use new ways of expressing ideas.
If you need a reminder about the quizzes and the criteria for getting a badge, visit How to complete the course quizzes.