4.1 Selecting suitable resource/topic
The following activity will guide you through the process of selecting one of your own resources to share online.
Think about resources you already have and select one that you think might be suitable for sharing on a website. Answer each of the following questions:
- Is the resource likely to be of use to others? If so, why do you think so? (It may be that it is a very common topic for example.)
- Is it free of copyright or otherwise licensed material?
- Do you need to remove any personal or context-specific data or information? If so, how will you do that?
- Is it in the right format and of the right file size? If not, can you convert it and/or compress it?
- Is it more than one file? If so it may need zipping up before uploading (ie combining into a single file).
- Does it have a sensible file name?
- Have you applied the criteria you used for selecting evaluating resources in Activity 7?