Session 1: The UK’s legal systems: sources of immigration law
This session explores the UK’s legal systems, the sources of immigration law and how to keep up-to-date with developments in immigration and law. It will help you to understand how and where UK immigration law fits into the wider picture, and to demonstrate the context in which the immigration system operates. It also provides an opportunity to explore the UK’s international obligations.
The learning outcomes for this session are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- sources of law in the UK
- any laws, policies and rules in relation to immigration and asylum law
- the office and role of the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.
- Practical and professional skills of:
- effective reading and note-taking
- locating and assessing relevant information (digital literacy skills)
- reflecting on, and planning, your own learning.