Session 2: Introduction to UK immigration law
What is immigration law for? This session explores its purpose, and considers immigration processes and decision-making. You’ll be introduced to detailed provisions relating to immigration law as you explore the role of the Home Office in immigration matters and the work of the immigration tribunals. As part of the session, you'll be introduced to finding and reading legal provisions.
This session will also consolidate the knowledge of immigration law that you’ve gained so far.
The learning outcomes for this session are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- provisions of immigration law
- the work of the immigration tribunal system
- Practical and professional skills of:
- locating and assessing relevant information (digital literacy skills)
- reflecting on, and planning, your own learning.