Session 3: Human rights and immigration law
Here you consider the relationship between UK immigration law and the domestic and international human rights obligations of both the UK Government and other public bodies. Government policy is introduced, and the factors that influence that policy are explored.
The learning outcomes for this session are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Human Rights Act 1998
- international human rights provisions
- Government policy and influences.
- Practical and professional skills of:
- applying legal provisions appropriately
- locating and assessing relevant information (digital literacy skills).