Introduction to operations management
This free course, Introduction to operations management, provides you with a short introduction to operations management and strategy, clarifying some key themes and terminology, and exploring how operations managers can influence the short- and long-term success of their organisation. There are five sections:
- What is the role of operations management?
- The input–process–output model
- What do operations managers really do?
- Why is operations management important?
- Are you an operations manager?
This OpenLearn course is an adapted extract from the Open University course.
The full course explores how organisations work by looking at their internal functions (operations management, human relations, finance and marketing). You will also learn about the external environment for businesses and how the economic and political context helps shape how businesses respond to global challenges.