Live versions of these COERs as accredited modules in an International Masters Degree on Assets Based Interprofessional Working with Communities coming soon!
The purpose of the resource
Working through the steps in this resource you will familiarise yourself with concepts of shared expertise in the context of assets based approach. We will also provide you with examples from the Finnish youth work context. Learning from these will help you to find ways to help young people in your community to recognise their assets in equal dialogue with professionals. The 'Assets based Collaborative Open Educational Resources' have been created through a collaborative process that we would like to extend to all interested users.
What you will get from working through this resource
Module 2: Theory and Praxis
1. The student will understand the theoretical principles of community participation
2. The student will understand the theoretical principles of social inclusion
3. The student will recognise the structures where the participation of the young can be promoted
4. The student will recognise the tools and approaches that can be used in working with the young
5. The student will be equipped with methods for applying theory and praxis to their own work
6. The student will understand the meaning of interprofessional work
We would greatly appreciate any feedback from you about your general impressions and experience of our course content and ask if you could answer two short questions. The answers you give will be used to improve the quality of our educational content. If you agree to answer the questions please click on the link.
(You can complete the quick one-minute feedback questionnaire now or in the summary section at the end of the course.)
Quick one minute feedback