9 Steps for effective meetings
In this section we consider the steps for setting up and holding a meeting and carrying out the actions after a meeting. While the type of meeting will influence how much effort is required, the following steps are normally followed, including for hybrid meetings:
- Plan – what is the approach, and what is required for the meeting?
- Prepare – what is the purpose and outcome desired from the meeting?
- Agenda – all meetings should have an agenda to provide clarity on the purpose.
- Invite – who needs to attend?
- Meet – ensure effective, engaging and accessible meetings.
- Action – what are the actions from the meeting?
- Review – have the actions been completed, what are the next steps?
This seven-step approach can help provide clarity and remind you how to ensure an effective hybrid meeting. There is a checklist for most steps.