Session 4: Level 1 OISC immigration and asylum advisers
This session explores how advice on immigration is given in the UK, and considers the principles governing immigration applications. Although it is founded on a range of basic principles, this is an area where there are regular changes in UK Government policy and legislation of the UK Parliament.
You will consider how immigration advisers work within the UK’s immigration structures and the formal processes that exist.
The learning outcomes for this session are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- the OISC scheme at Level 1
- the key principles of immigration control and asylum law protections.
- Practical and professional skills of:
- effective note-taking
- locating and assessing the relevant information online.