My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- Learning outcomes
- 1 The transport energy challenge
- 2 Transport's environmental impacts
- 3 Petrol and diesel engines
- 4 Petrol and diesel emissions
- 5 Cleaner conventional car technologies
- 6 Lower-carbon fuels
- 7 Electric vehicles
- 8 Decarbonized transport
- Current section: References
- Further reading
About this free course
12 hours study
Level 2: Intermediate
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Start this free course now. Just create an account and sign in. Enrol and complete the course for a free statement of participation or digital badge if available.
Transport and sustainability
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.