Applying your community engagement skills
This course is the last of 10 courses developed on the theme of community engagement. The courses cover a wide range of topics that should have equipped you with the ability to make good decisions when dealing with members of the public, especially in a community policing setting. This course brings all of these ideas together in one scenario. We strongly advise that you do not start this course until you have completed the other nine courses, which can be found here:.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- understand the practical tools and ideas in the set of courses on community engagement
- improve your ability to assess the stakeholder needs of a wide community
- apply skills to plan out and deliver communication with large numbers of engaged community members
- make key decisions about how to tackle some tricky problems a community is facing
- use data in a practical way to assess local crime figures
- conduct research into the evidence base for a suggested police initiative
- draw on what you’ve learned from the topics covered by the community engagement courses for use in your own setting.