Resource 1:Reflecting on your behaviour
Background information / subject knowledge for teacher
Using the questions below, think about your own behaviour as a teacher. Be honest in your answers. Are there examples from your classroom activities that support your ideas?
- Are you a positive or a negative teacher in the way you treat your pupils? How could you be more positive?
- Do you try to encourage them or discourage them? How? How can you encourage them more?
- Do you make them happy when they are learning? How?
- Do you ever make them sad, angry or scared? How?
- What aspect of your teaching behaviour do you want to change? How can you do this?
- What aspect of your pupils’ social behaviour would you like to change? How could you help them achieve this?