Module 2: Using community voices in your classroom
Section 1: Investigating stories
Key Focus Question: How can you use investigations to develop ideas about story?
Keywords: research; stories; purpose; questions; investigating; community
By the end of this section, you will have:
- used investigation and research methods to develop your classroom practice;
- investigated pupils’ understanding of stories;
- explored ways to create original stories.
Storytelling is an important part of most communities’ life and culture. This module explores how to strengthen links between school and community by using the community and its stories as a resource for learning.
This section introduces you to the value of research in teaching and learning. By setting up research activities, you will find answers to questions, try out new ideas and then use them to create an original piece of work.
- Module 2: Using community voices in your classroom PDF version 1.2MB
- Module 2: Using community voices in your classroom Word version (optimised for screen readers) 4.5MB
1. Developing pupils’ research skills