Resource 1: Sample questions
Background information / subject knowledge for teacher
- What do you understand by the term ‘height of a person’?
- How are you going to measure yourself?
- Should you have shoes on or off, while measuring?
- Should you lie down or stand up against the wall?
- What about those with long hair, should they squash it down?
- Where should you measure from?
- What should you measure with?
- How accurate should you be?
- How do you use a ruler or tape measure?
- How should you collect the measurements?
3. Assessing understanding of length
Resource 2: Two ways to check