Resource 2: Day and night questionnaire
Teacher resource for planning or adapting to use with pupils
What do you think about the statements below?
Score each one according to the following scale. Then discuss your scoring with others.
|I know it is true
|I think it is true
|I am not sure
|I think it is wrong
|I know it is wrong
- At night, the moon blocks out the sun.
- The sun revolves around the Earth every 24 hours to give day and night.
- The atmosphere blocks the sun at night.
- At night, the planets get in the way of the sun.
- One half of the Earth has day, while the other half has night.
- The day and night cycle has something to do with the movement of the Earth.
- The Earth moves around the sun every 24 hours to give day and night.
- When we are facing the sun it is day and when we are facing away from the sun it is night.
- It is dark at night because clouds cover the sun.
- The Earth spins round once every 24 hours to give day and night.
- The moon is in a part of the sky where it is always night.
- The Earth turns around an imaginary line from the North to the South Pole once every day.
- The Earth spins on a line through the equator once every day.
- At night, the Earth turns to face the moon.
ANSWERS to Day and night questionnaire