Summary of Study Session 14
In Study Session 14, you have learned that:
- Planning of projects and programmes should ask six basic questions: ‘What?’, ‘When?’, ‘Where?’, ‘Who?’, ‘How?’ and ‘How much?’
- OWNP planning was governed by the goal of achieving WASH targets that had been set out in the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP) and Universal Access Plan (UAP).
- Specific criteria were established for assessing when the water supply and sanitation targets were considered to be achieved.
- The planning process involved using data on the baseline conditions in all regions of Ethiopia and a complex range of assessments of population size and distribution, types of water supply scheme and their costs and benefits, etc.
- Planning outputs are detailed breakdowns of the number and costs of new and rehabilitated schemes required to achieve the targets.
- Planning of the OWNP is a continuous process that follows a specified schedule through the year and involves dialogue between all levels of the WASH organisational structure.
- The process includes Strategic Plans, Annual WASH Plans, Core Plans and Annual Work Plans.
- The total budget for the OWNP is US$2.41 billion and will have millions of beneficiaries in Ethiopia.