8.5.1 Key messages and instructions
The problem of poor adherence may be overcome with simple health messages even when the majority of individuals are illiterate and lack formal education. Explain to people in your community that:
- Malaria is a killer disease if the treatment is not taken properly.
- Make sure that the patient has clearly understood drug labels and instructions.
- Clearly explain how to complete the treatment for malaria.
- Tell them not to interrupt taking medication. To take all (full course) of the anti-malaria drugs, prescribed to them.
- Do not share anti-malaria drugs with others.
- Whenever a family member has a fever, take them to the Health Post immediately.
8.5 The role of the Health Extension Practitioner in malaria treatment
Summary of Study Session 8