PDP: Support Staff Programme Step 7
In this Step you will share your piece of learning on OpenLearn Create.
You will also find out a bit more about where your journey in open education could go by exploring open access repositories.
Tasks for this Step
- Now that you’ve put a piece of learning together, we will evaluate the course and make it live.
- Read Testing your Open Course and Making your Course Space Live from the OpenLearn Course Builder Guide. Review your course draft before making it live. Using the list provided in this section of the Course Builder, review the course draft and functionality to ensure everything is set-up and attributed correctly. Now share this draft with your academic colleagues so that they can review the course. Once you have completed all your quality checks and evaluation the course can be made live.
- If possible you should also use the list provided in the Course Builder guide to complete a similar review of the pieces of learning you have created. You may also like to ask colleagues to review your draft before making the course live.
- Find out more about how to manage a course on OLC. Read Get started on OpenLearn Create, Section 5.
- Finally, watch the webinar Open Access Repositories in Distance Education in Myanmar (60 mins).This resource will give you further ideas to develop your open practice.
- Test your understanding of the material covered so far by taking the Step 7 Quiz.
Once you have completed these tasks, congratulations! You have now completed the programme and should be able to develop and support the creation of open online learning. You may want to consider using your skills to develop further resources using OpenLearn Create.
If you would like to explore more TIDE resources on a range of related topics you may also want to review the TIDE Collection.
You may also want to share your learning with colleagues.
If you want to explore further related resources you may find the following of interest:
Adoption and Impact of OER in the Global South (2017). Edited by Cheryl Hodgkinson-Williams & Patricia B. Arinto
Resources for this Step
Once you have completed the tasks for this Step you may take the Step 7 Quiz. You will need to attempt this quiz and have passed at least 6 quizzes, in order to complete the programme and gain your Certificate.
If you have completed the content above, and have time, you may look at these additional resources.