My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Strategic management accounting
- 2 Strategic customer analysis
- 3 Principles of project appraisal
- 3.1 Relevant cash flows and sunk costs
- 3.2 The time value of money, discounting and present value
- 3.3 Why does the value of money depend on time?
- 3.4 Using the WACC as the discount rate for a project
- 3.5 Problems with using the WACC as the discount rate for a project
- 3.6 Using the CAPM to find a project-specific cost of equity
- 3.7 Problems with using the CAPM to find a project-specific cost of equity
- 3.8 Using a spreadsheet to model project evaluation
- 4 Dealing with risk and uncertainty in project appraisal
- 4.1 Risk and uncertainty
- 4.2 Simple adjustments to deal with increased risk
- 4.3 Using probability and future cash flows to deal with risk
- 4.4 Modelling sensitivity analysis
- 4.5 The value of information
- 5 End-of-course exercises
- Keep on learning
- Current section: References
About this free course
15 hours study
Level 3: Advanced
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Start this free course now. Just create an account and sign in. Enrol and complete the course for a free statement of participation or digital badge if available.
Challenges in advanced management accounting
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.