7.2 Further experience with the addition and subtraction assessments
If you feel it would be beneficial to continue to do some further work to improve your confidence with using the addition and subtraction assessment, the following may be beneficial:
- Observation: observe a colleague completing the assessments
- Video recording (ensure you have permission): record yourself and watch it back by yourself or with a colleague/colleagues.
- Moderation: take a sample of completed assessments and moderate them with a colleague, group or whole school.
In all these activities, focus on the delivery, recording, scoring and next steps.
Remember to evaluate the positives - what is going well and why?
Try to constructively come up with improvements for any areas that are challenging.
This could be done through:
- Peer learning partnerships
- Whole school collegiate work