5.1 Numeral Identification, Forward and Backward Number Word Sequence: Additional Training Video
While you are watching the video:
- Have the following assessments with you (see below) and record the pupils answers and score the assessment as you go along.
- Numeral Identification
- Forward Number Word Sequence
- Backward Number Word Sequence
- Compare your version to the assessors version and reflect on any differences.
- You may also wish to have the Coding Sheet and the Guidance Notes for Implementation of the Knowledge Assessments (open to the relevant sections)
- Pause the video as frequently as you like to make sense of the pupil's responses and discuss (or reflect individually) whether:
- An item was knowledge or whether they have used a strategy to work it out.
- If they appeared to 'just know' the answer, decide whether you feel they understand their answer as well.
- Are there any questions where it's hard to decide? How would you deal with these either during the assessment, as part of your future teaching or in reassessment.
Time taken for:
- Numeral Identification assessment: 3m 50s
- Forward Number Word Sequence: 3m 40s
- Backward Number Word Sequence: 6m 20s
Video length (with commentary and in depth next steps): 29m 30s