5.2 Grouping and Place Value and Basic Facts: Additional Training Video
While you are watching the video:
- Have the following assessments with you (see below) and record the pupils answers and score the assessment as you go along.
- Grouping and Place Value
- Basic Facts
- Compare you version to the assessors version and reflect on and differences.
- Pause the video as frequently as you like to make sense of the pupil's responses and discuss (or reflect individually) whether:
- An item was knowledge or whether they have used a strategy to work it out.
- If they appeared to 'just know' the answer, decide whether you feel they understand their answer as well.
- Are there any questions where it's hard to decide? How would you deal with these either during the assessment, as part of your future teaching or in reassessment.
- Ensure you watch the next steps video below as it contains useful information relating to some of the difficulties this pupil was having. These difficulties appear to arise time and time again with a wide variety of pupils.
Time taken for:
- Grouping and Place Value assessment: 6m 20s
- Basic Facts assessment: 7m
Video length (with commentary): 26m 18s
Next steps video length: 21m 23s