3.3 Your experience so far
Before moving on to the next set of activities, take a moment to reflect on your experience of working with the materials so far.
The last few activities required you to listen for specific details. With these tasks in mind, read the list of points below, and think about whether you personally agree or disagree with the statements. Note down any thoughts you have in the box below.
- Having the subtitles turned off made this harder for me.
- Having the subtitles turned off didn’t make any difference to me.
- Having the subtitles turned off made it easier for me to concentrate on what was actually being said.
- I missed having the subtitles to read while I was listening.
- I found the subtitles distracted me from listening closely.
- The subtitles didn’t include all the content, so I missed some information.
There are no right or wrong responses here, just your own preferences, but being aware of what you find harder or easier can help you focus on developing your skills further.