Knowing your school
A school leader walks around her school. She observes and makes notes on classroom teaching and learning in order to praise effective practice and attend to any shortfalls. The teachers and students do not react to her visits as they are used to them.
It is easy to get caught up in the day-to-day management of your school, but if you make time to walk around it regularly, you will learn a great deal about its actual workings. How often do you sit in on lessons and talk to your students about their experiences in school? How else might you collect evidence so that you have a rounded knowledge of how well your school is performing?
- Download: transcript/video.
- We welcome your thoughts on this video. Please share them on YouTube.
- You may also want to read TESS-India’s School Leadership OER.
Related TESS-India School Leadership OER:
- Perspective on leadership: leading the school’s self-review
- Perspective on leadership: planning and leading change in your school
- Transforming teaching-learning process: leading teachers’ professional development
- Transforming teaching-learning process: developing an effective learning culture in your school