TI-AIE: Shared reading
What this unit is about
This unit introduces a key routine for teaching reading called shared reading. The unit also examines post-reading literacy activities.
In shared reading you read aloud to the whole class or to a group of students from a large book or text that everyone can see. Shared reading integrates a focus on oral language and writing. When you read aloud to students, enthusiastically and with expression, you demonstrate what fluent reading sounds like. You focus students’ attention on the written text and the process of reading it. You also model the enjoyment of reading by encouraging all students to participate orally.
Reading aloud to the class, and reading with students in groups, will help you to improve your own English language skills. Shared reading is also effective for teaching reading in Hindi and other languages.
- Shared reading Ebook (EPUB) 184.6KB
- Shared reading HTML Zip file 704.9KB
- Shared reading IMS Common Cartridge 703.9KB
- Shared reading Interactive ebook (EPUB) 184.2KB
- Shared reading Kindle ebook 396.9KB
- Shared reading OU XML Package 14KB
- Shared reading OU XML file 43.4KB
- Shared reading PDF version of web pages 176.4KB
- Shared reading RSS 96.9KB
- Shared reading SCORM 704.1KB
- Shared reading Word version (optimised for screen readers) 298.5KB
What you can learn in this unit