TI-AIE: Early reading
What this unit is about
In this unit you will learn how to teach, support, plan for and assess early reading in your classroom. Reading is perhaps one of the most important and empowering skills your students will acquire. Your role in supporting and encouraging your students’ early reading is key to their future educational and life success.
Learning to read is not an innate developmental process. Rather, it involves regular practice over a period of time. Such practice may occur informally (at home or in the community) and formally (in school). There are many pathways to reading, some of which you will have taken yourself.
The fact that you are a teacher indicates that you are a skilled and confident reader who can read different types of texts for both information and enjoyment. In addition to reading texts in print, you may also read on a computer or a mobile phone screen. How did you learn this complex skill? In this unit you will reflect on the journey you have taken in becoming a reader, and on the journey that you are supporting your students through.
- Early reading Ebook (EPUB) 160.1KB
- Early reading HTML Zip file 681KB
- Early reading IMS Common Cartridge 679.8KB
- Early reading Interactive ebook (EPUB) 159.7KB
- Early reading Kindle ebook 337.3KB
- Early reading OU XML Package 17.2KB
- Early reading OU XML file 62.4KB
- Early reading PDF version of web pages 178.1KB
- Early reading RSS 120.3KB
- Early reading SCORM 680KB
- Early reading Word version (optimised for screen readers) 342.5KB
What you can learn in this unit