Reading and writing
A school leader describes a specific problem in her school, namely inconsistency in the teaching of reading and writing, and how she led a whole school initiative to address this problem. Having involved teachers in identifying the relevant issues, she then took action in a coordinated manner.
Are there areas of learning that you suspect are weak in your school? How might you investigate them further and who might you enlist to help you take action?
- Download: transcript/video.
- We welcome your thoughts on this video. Please share them on YouTube.
- You may also want to read TESS-India’s School Leadership OER.
Related TESS-India School Leadership OER:
- Orientation: the elementary school leader as enabler
- Orientation: the secondary school leader as enabler
- Transforming teaching-learning process: leading improvements in teaching and learning in the elementary school
- Transforming teaching-learning process: leading improvements in teaching and learning in the secondary school
Related TESS-India Key Resource:
Related TESS-India Teacher Development OER: