The learning environment
A school leader actively monitors the learning environment in her school to improve standards. She observes lessons and talks to her staff and students, while at the same time noticing issues relating to punctuality and school cleanliness.
Part of the school leader’s role is to ensure that the school environment supports learning. Among the factors to be aware of are teaching quality, the provision of textbooks, student behaviour and the availability of washing facilities. What might you do to improve the learning environment for all your students in your school?
- Download: transcript [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] /video.
- We welcome your thoughts on this video. Please share them on YouTube.
- You may also want to read TESS-India’s School Leadership OER.
Related TESS-India School Leadership OER:
- Orientation: the elementary school leader as enabler
- Orientation: the secondary school leader as enabler
- Transforming teaching-learning process: leading improvements in teaching and learning in the elementary school
- Transforming teaching-learning process: leading improvements in teaching and learning in the secondary school
Related TESS-India Key Resource: