In this unit you have been introduced to active and participatory language learning, for yourself as much as for your students. The focus has been on the key language skills of speaking and listening, reinforced in daily classroom routines.
To learn English well, your students need frequent speaking and listening practice – not just in the language lesson. Try to increase your use of English at different times of the school day. Your classroom routines offer regular opportunities to do this.
Other Elementary English teacher development units on this topic are:
- Using the textbook creatively
- Songs, rhymes and word play
- Learning English in the creative arts
- English and subject content integration
- Community resources for English.