Resource 1: NCF/NCFTE teaching requirements
The learning in this unit links to the following NCF (2005) and NCFTE (2009) teaching requirements:
- Encourage the students capacity to construct knowledge; ensure that learning shifts away from rote methods; and to view learning as a search for meaning out of personal experiences and knowledge.
- Organise student-centred, activity-based, participatory learning experiences.
- See mathematics as something to talk about, to communicate through, to discuss among themselves, to work together on.
- Help students pose and solve meaningful problems.
- Help students use abstractions to perceive relationships, to see structures, to reason out things, to argue the truth or falsity of statements.