Resource 6: Examples of Activity 3
Adapting Exercise 1.6 (p. 26 in NCERT textbook Class IX, Chapter 1)
Adapt by asking the students these additional questions:
- What is the same and what is different in the methods for solving these questions?
- Make up two additional parts for Questions 1, 2 and 3 above. One of these questions has to be easy and one has to be hard. Make sure you can work out the solution yourself!
Adapting Exercise 1.2, Question 1 (p. 8 in NCERT textbook Class IX, Chapter 1)
- State whether the following statements are true or false. Justify your answers.
- i.Every irrational number is a real number.
- ii.Every point on the number line is of the form , where m is a natural number.
- iii.Every real number is an irrational number.
Adapt this exercise by asking the students these additional questions:
- How do you know you are right?
- Now try and convince your partner of the opposite of what you think are the correct answers for Question 1.