Resource 3: Exploring OERs
Below is a list of websites that have OERs:
- National Repository of Open Educational Resources:
- TESS-India: http://www.tess-india.edu.in/
- ExamFear videos: https://www.youtube.com/ user/ ExamFearVideos
- Khan Aacdemy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- The OpenScience Laboratory: http://www.open.ac.uk/ researchprojects/ open-science/
- OpenLearn: http://www.open.edu/ openlearn/
- PhET simulations: https://phet.colorado.edu/ en/ simulations/ category/ new
- Karnataka Open Educational Resources: http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/ KOER/ en/ index.php/ Main_Page
Here is a checklist for assessing the quality of the materials that you find:
- Are the materials relevant to your context?
- Would they engage and motivate teachers and students?
- Do they help to address an identified need in your school?
- Are they well-written and easy to understand?
- Do they add value? Do they provide learning opportunities beyond those available in the textbook or through other sources?